Have you attended a previous session of Rock Camp, are 16-18 years old and are interested in helping out at camp? Consider applying to be an Intern!
Intern positions are available for previous campers who are interested in assisting with the program, and will have the chance to mentor younger campers, help teach instrument classes, develop leadership skills and shadow Rock Camp staff and mentors, as well as running sound and stage-managing the showcase. Interns are expected to model leadership behaviour by assisting adults in varying capacities, helping campers stay focused on the varying activities and helping move, troubleshoot and set-up gear each day.
Being a Rock Camp Intern is about being a positive role model for younger campers, learning how camp operates behind the scenes and requires a strong desire to learn how all of our gear works and needs to be set-up.
If you are looking to have a week where you work on creative self expression, learn a new instrument or how to play music with others then we do encourage you to be a camper instead.
To be an intern you must:
- Have attended Rock Camp before
- Be 16-18 years old at the time of camp 26-30 September 2022.
During the week, interns might:
- Assist with camper sign in and sign out
- Assist Instrument instructors to teach instrument classes
- Help move gear, set up and back down rooms and troubleshoot gear (be our roadies!)
- Assist with setting up and packing down workshops
- Make room signs and posters
- Assist with sound for lunchtime performances, showcase rehearsal and Saturday showcase
- Help stage-manage the showcase on Saturday
Time commitment: Orientation is 1-4pm Sunday 25 September. Camp runs 9am-4pm Monday 26 to Friday 30 September. If you are unable to commit to the full week, please let us know what mornings (8.30am – 12.00pm) and afternoons (1.00pm – 4.30pm) suit you. Showcase times for interns is 12-4pm Saturday 1st of October.
Interns will be paid a small honorarium of $200 for their time and energy.
This year we have places for 5 interns. We will prioritise applications from residents of the ACT and surrounding regions (ie. Braidwood, Yass, Goulburn). If you aren’t successful with your application we will have other opportunities for you to help out throughout the year at fundraisers and events – let us know if you’re interested!